Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Happy October!

Today is one of my favorite days of the year; the first day of October. Fall is my favorite time of year and though it technically began over a week ago, it really feels official to me on October 1st. Here are my favorite things about this day/this time of year.

  • The Cooler Weather: It really felt official this morning. I had to wear a long-sleeve shirt running and close the window because it was too cold.
  • The Holidays: October 1st marks the beginning of what are in my opinion, the most fun holidays of the year.Today I went into the garage and dug out the box marked "Holiday Decorations." In our cupboard of decorations, we have about 10 boxes marked "Christmas Decorations" and then another box for the rest of the holidays. The catch-all box is full of Halloween decorations, a paper pilgrim hat and a turkey candle.
  • The Colors: Red and Orange are my favorite colors (they were also my wedding colors). I love looking outside and seeing the red and orange leaves falling on the ground.
  • The Food/Smells: When I think of fall food/smells, I think of pumpkin pie, spice cookies, apple cider, turkey, anything including cinnamon and of course....HALLOWEEN CANDY!!!
Last week, Jacob, Simon and I went to Bridal Veil Falls. For those of you who have never been there, it is a waterfall in Provo Canyon. There we saw the first signs of the leaves turning. It was so exciting. Here is a picture from our trip. Simon loved splashing in the stream.

5 comments:

Katy said...

I absolutely agree... fall is the BEST (not to mention October is my pseudo-birthday month... yeah, gotta be technical now). I wanna add one more reason why I love fall... NO MORE BOOTY SHORTS and BARELY-THERE SHIRTS!!! Not on me, but on all those itty bitty "look at me, i'm so hot, I never had a baby" girls... they make me ill. (I think I just sound like a bitter, chubby mom-- but that's me!!) Bring on the chunky cable knit sweaters, baby!

Erin said...

I too..have to agreee that Fall is my favorite too!! The food, the air..the colors....and my birthday is in the fall too!!!! :)

Michelle said...

My favorite thing about fall would definately have to be the food. Remember when we had a bet on thanksgiving to see how much weight we gained? We were so cool!

Linda G. Paulsen said...

I love fall; but it's not my favorite. I like summer best. So it's hard to let it go, actually. Steve loves fall. He's doing a survey to see how many people choose their favorite season based at least partly on when their birthday happens. His is in Oct. He loves fall. Mine is July, ergo summer. But you are an exception! And I say, what's wrong with pumpkin pie in July? I still crave ice-cream in Jan.

The Peterson's said...

I love the fall and I am completly missing it living in AZ. I am glad you are enjoying it!