Today was Simon's first day of baby swim class. Because this was his first time in a real swimming pool, he spent the first few minutes just staring around, not moving at all. When he got comfortable, he started kicking and splashing. He was having a great time until it came time to dunk him under water. The first dunk, he looked at me like "MOM! Why did you do that?" The second dunk he looked at me as if to say "I'm not so sure about this." I thought we were getting closer so I tried it one last time, per his teacher's instructions. By the third dunk he'd had enough and just started screaming. The rest of the lesson wasn't his happiest time, but after a few minutes of bouncing around the pool, he calmed down. I think for the remainder of his lessons, we'll skip the dunking or save it for the end.
Here is a picture of Simon right after his lesson. It's a bit fuzzy, but it was so cute I decided to post it anyway.
Saturday, October 18, 2008
Swim Class
Posted by Ami Paulsen at 11:36 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
What a fun idea, I bet it is so much fun to go swimming with Simon!
Hooray (glub glub) for Simon! Did your teacher say to blow in his face before dunking? The child holds his breath when you do that, or something. I think it was Elyssa that said she did that when she was teaching, and I wondered if it is generally known. I'd never heard of it and it struck me as interesting.
OOOOWEEEEE! You're a sport for all the dunking... tried it once with Ava-- if she could talk she'd totally cuss me out! Madder than a wet hen! Love the picture... he looks cuddly cute!
How cute! I'm sure he enjoyed it. I keep meaning to get Emily in the pool, but I am not really keen on going with her. BTW, she loved the picture of Simon in his Halloween costume. You should take him trick or treating and eat the candy yourself.
Post a Comment