Thursday, September 25, 2008

We Have a Tooth!!

Monday, September 15, Simon sprouted his first tooth. We were so excited since Simon is almost 10 months old and had yet to cut a tooth. Right now it's just a little nub on the bottom, front, right side of his mouth. I wanted to wait to blog until I could get a good picture, but that may be months. I did try though. To prove that I did try, here are my attempts to get a good picture.

This is the inside of Simon's mouth. I had the perfect shot, but at the last minute, Simon decided to seize the opportunity to finally eat the camera. He's been eying it for almost 10 months now.



Here, Simon decided to turn, scream and stick out his tongue right at the last minute. He was quite upset with me for asking him to sit still for 3 whole seconds.


I will keep trying, but I'm not counting on getting a good picture for a while. I see a white spot next to the first tooth, so I'm expecting another anytime. I can't wait until he has an upper tooth and can finally eat a cheerio. I gave him one once, but he gagged and spit it at me. I decided not to try that again for a while. I suppose we'll stick to sweet potatoes and applesauce for a while longer.



6 comments:

Tiffany said...

It's about time. That's a great feeling when they finally get one. Have you tried the biter biscuits. Word of warning if you haven't. Give it to them naked.

Erin said...

Way to go Simon!!! Teeth are a good thing!!! Now they will probably all come in at once!!

Katy said...

TEETH!!! they're horrible and yet you get so excited about them!! Good luck with the teething bit... gets sort of hairy (at least for little Miss Sassykins here)

Oh and Tiffany gives VERY good advice about the teething biscuits... naked is much better... it gets EVERYWHERE!!!

Our Simon is growing up! Tear!!

Linda G. Paulsen said...

Hooray! Entering the Cheerios world is such a milestone! After the months of misery he's endured practicing on teeth, it's about time he actually gets one. To get a picture of same would be something of a modern miracle I can't hardly imagine. But we'll all try to refrain from sticking our fingers in his mouth to bear witness...

Michelle said...

Teething is so much fun huh?! I'm excited that he finally got one though. Hey my brother was 11 months before he sprouted his first tooth so Simon isn't the only one. Good luck with the teething because I know more will be coming soon.

Rachael said...

Good job Simon! You won't believe how much easier sacrament meeting gets when you can bring snacks.