Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Presidential Election

Though we are only a couple of weeks away from the 2008 presidential election, I am completely torn on who will make a better president. Oh if only Stephen Colbert were still running, I would have my answer. If I cannot make a decision by election day, I will just defer to Simon's earlier decision.
That said, I received this link in an email from my mom yesterday and thought I should pass it along. Not only does it bring up an important point, but it is incredibly funny.
Perhaps from now on, we should require all voters to spend at least five minutes going over the issues before being able to submit their ballot for consideration.
This is a clip from the Howard Stern Show. I don't support or listen to the Howard Stern show (neither does my mom) but this clip is perfect, and I fear, sums up a lot of American opinion. I just hope I'm wrong.
Click here to view the clip.


1 comments:

Linda G. Paulsen said...

It could be just further evidence that a person only hears half of what they're listening to. But I fear you're right. Too many Americans are swayed by the wrong factors.

And just to leave my prediction (not necessarily my choice): I think Obama will win because he is Black, charismatic and articulate. Whether his idealism will stand the test of the job remains to be seen.