Do you see what I've just done here? I've lured you in with a cute picture of Simon with bed-head. At first glance, one would look at the picture and think I was going to tell a cute anecdote about Simon. Well; one would be wrong. I've lured you in with this picture so I can go off on an angry (but really not too angry) tirade.
I have a beef with sick kids. Actually, not necessarily sick kids; but parents of sick kids. Simon is recovering from his second cold in just three weeks. Getting sick is inevitable. We can't completely avoid it, but nothing angers me more (actually lots of things anger me more but I've said this for dramatic effect) than going to a social setting where parents have brought their sick children.
I work in the primary in church and have to bring Simon with me. Every week without fail, there are several children coughing, sneezing and complaining of being sick. The next week, there are more sick children there, and so on, and so on. It's a sick cycle.
Here is my plea to all parents out there: If you have a sick child; do not take that child out unless it is completely necessary. It is okay to miss a social event once in a while or to stay home from church for a week to let your child recover. Perhaps plan activities to do at home, rather than go shopping or to the park.
Look at it from this point of view. Think of how miserable it is for everyone involved when a child is sick. Pretty bad eh? Neither parent or child get any sleep, the child is cranky which in turn makes the parent cranky and the child usually passes it on to other members of the family. Before you know it; the whole family takes turns being sick for a month. Why would anyone wish that misery on another human being?
I hereby pledge to keep my sick child at home unless completely necessary. I call upon all of you to do the same.
Thank you for listening to my tirade. Because you had to suffer through it, I'll leave you with another cute picture of Simon.
Friday, September 19, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

7 comments:
Oh I couldn't agree more! Just wait until he is in kindergarten. That is the worst year ever for sick kids.
Oh and why do you think Alyssa hasn't been to nursery since January?
In our nursery the kids can't go to nursery if they have a runny nose let alone a cough. Hope things get better
We're not in nursery yet, even though I can't wait to send her off... ahhh... to sit through a class, bliss, but I'm not too thrilled about the Petrie dish of germs she'll be sitting in... and trust me, I'm not even close to being a "germ-phobe" (I let Ava eat things from off the ground and she chews on the backs of restaurant chairs... don't call CPS) I guess it's different with some kid with boogers dripping from his face is chewing on Ava's toys... that's where I draw the line...
Hope little Simon gets better quick!
I agree with you totally, I hate when Kobe gets sick because other parents don't really care if there child gets someone else sick! Cute pictures by the way!
He is amazingly cute!
I agree and the same goes for school. I hate having kids sick in class because I always get it too!
Post a Comment