Thursday, September 11, 2008

Red Wall

I spent the last three days painting a wall in my house. When we moved into our house two years ago, on the wall above the living room was written "Life is not measured by how many breathes you take but how many times life takes your breath away." It would be a cute saying had the previous owners written "breaths" and not "breathes." I'm ashamed to say I let it go for two years, but this week I finally decided to do something about it and paint the wall red. My logical husband asked "Why not use the spare wall paint in the garage and paint over it in the current wall color?" It was a fine idea but why would I paint a wall beige when I could paint it red?



If you don't like looking at my wall, here is a great video of Simon. While some babies make cute cooing noises, my baby growls. I still think it's pretty cute though.

8 comments:

Shannon said...

Well, I think you did a great job on the wall and I'm embarrassed to say I never noticed the spelling error. Simon growling trumps the wall for me though.

Linda G. Paulsen said...

Simon fits right in with other critters associated with "Red Wall," you see. (Have you read the books? Red Wall is a series of adventures for young and old readers and all the characters are animals). He's cute as a Red Wall hero, for sure. And his dad miming the growl with Simon is pretty fun, too. Does he open his mouth and help Simon "eat" too? We all do that, I think.

Erin said...

Haha...I wonder if they knew they spelt it wrong!! I think the wall looks great!!!!

Katy said...

my throat hurts now... the growling was too cute! He's incredibly adorable! and the wall looks great, funny they misspelled the word.

r thay dum?

Rachael said...

I also never noticed the misspelling. Normally those things really bug me. Good job on the wall. It looks nice. Is it just the light or is Simon going blond?

Rachael said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Peterson's said...

I like the red wall! I say paint your house any color you want you are the one who lives in it!!

Katy said...

hahaha! I just read your comment and I'm still laughing my rear off! You know me way too well... except it wasn't canned cheese and ho hos, it was frosting right out of the container and cosmic brownies! and gimme some credit, I'm much classier than Maury.. it was Judge Joe Brown.