Thursday, August 26, 2010

Five Years Later

Today is my and Jacob's 5th anniversary. It's hard for me to believe we've been married five years.

I'm so grateful to have such a wonderful husband. I saw this video on Facebook and I think this is a good representation of marriage. When Jacob and I first got married, we were all wrapped up in the romance. Then as life happens, the romance is still important, but it takes a back seat to other things. It's hard to be romantic when your wife is curled around the toilet for 3 months every time she gets pregnant. It's hard to be romantic when date night changes from a romantic dinner and moonlight walk, to an evening of take-out and Bob the Builder. It's hard to be romantic when your husband travels 3 weeks out of the month. I'm so grateful to have a husband who is my best friend. I'm grateful to have someone who will take care of me when I'm sick, talk to me when I'm sad, and support me when I'm not sure what to do. Marriage is such a wonderful thing and I'm so thankful I found the person who is perfect for me. I love you Jacob!!! Thanks for always being there to flip me over when I get stuck. :)


2 comments:

Linda G. Paulsen said...

Not generally known, perhaps, is when a tortoise stays too long on his back, he suffocates. The friend literally saved his life. I'm so glad marriage for Jacob meant Ami. Congratulations on your happy day. Love you.

Shannon said...

I think I'm most glad of all for your marriage, because without it I'd have never had such a great sister and friend!