Friday, June 18, 2010

Parade of Homes

Tonight, my in-laws did something wonderful. They gave Shannon (Jacob's sister) and me tickets to see 2 houses in the Parade of Homes. Not only did they do that, but they offered to watch all the kids while we went. They are truly wonderful people.
I don't know if the Parade of Homes is healthy for me. It gets me thinking too much about things I want in my home. I love my house dearly, but after seeing a 15,000 square foot castle (and I mean that), it takes a few days for me to once again see the beauty of my house.
Here are some highlights from the homes we saw.

When my parents-in-law said to look for the home that looked like a castle, we were afraid we wouldn't be able to find it since we were driving through a neighborhood of mansions. Oh, I guess it's this one.


Because no home is complete without an aquarium wall.


If I die before I have the chance to own a tub like this, please just bury me in one.


Here are some highlights from Shannon's favorite house.

This was the little girls' room. It came equipped with two balconies.


One of the many playrooms


I'm sure in a few days, I'll be thankful I live in the house I do, when Simon destroys a wall or the carpet or piece of furniture. For now I'll just fantasize that when I grow up (and my children do as well), I'll own a home somewhat like these. Though by that point, I may be too old to go up and down stairs. Oh well; perhaps I'll settle for a jacuzzi tub in the nursing home.

3 comments:

Linda G. Paulsen said...

Sigh! And I thought i was the only one who hadn't outgrown the "princess passion!"

Rachael said...

So now I know what my children need to really bump up the rate of injuries to the next level: balconies off their rooms. Brilliant. Don't know why I didn't think of that. Oh! I know why! Half the time I can't even trust Emily with a window.

Katy said...

jacuzzi tub coffin!!!! brilliant, completely brilliant!!!