Friday, June 25, 2010

It's a.........................

GIRL! We're having a little girl named Lucy Elizabeth Paulsen due November 19 (which is 8 days later than I thought). The tech said she is 95% sure she is a girl and my sister-in-law who has all girls looked at the picture and said "Yep. That's a girl!" We would have been thrilled to be having either, so we're very excited.


We had to rush to the ultrasound today after a 3-day trip to Logan. Jacob travels basically every week for work, but this was the first trip actually within driving distance, so Simon and I decided to join him. We were on our own during the days, but we managed to have a lot of fun. This was Simon's first time in a hotel so we were a bit nervous, but he did GREAT!

We met our friends Eva and Bryatt at the Willow Park Zoo. It was fairly lame as zoos go, but only $1 and great entertainment for a 2-year-old. Simon's favorite part was feeding the large white swan fish food.

The next day, we spent some time at the Logan Temple, where Simon played in the fountain and made me sing "I Love to See the Temple" at least 50 times (and I'm really not exaggerating). Just ignore the large wedding group in the background. I thought it was so rude of them to be in the background while I was trying to take pictures. Shouldn't they move just for me?

Simon's favorite part of the trip: he got 3 pairs of plastic sunglasses!!! We spent a good part of a morning in "Hobby Lobby" which is the best store in the world. Simon is obsessed with sunglasses so we got 3 pairs for $0.50 each. He didn't quite understand why he shouldn't wear them all at once.

Our last night there, we went to a super cute cupcake shop and got gourmet cupcakes. The closest thing I'd had to gourmet cupcakes are the ones from the Walmart bakery. These were much better.

Other than the super-cool sunglasses, Simon's favorite parts of the trip were the hotel swimming pool and the elevator (which Simon calls the alligator). It's good to know we can take him on trips with minimal melt-downs.

7 comments:

Chad and Rachel said...

Yay! What a cute name! Henry and Simon need to ride an alligator together someday since they both call it that.

Allison said...

YAY! Congratulations!!! That is so exciting and it's fun to have one of each. I guess she's already giving you trouble with all this sickness, maybe she's paying her dues early. I'm go happy for you guys. I love the name. Watch out Lucy- Grace will have a thing or two to teach you! Or maybe that should be. . .watch out mom.

TheSmithLife said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for you guys- It is so sweet seeing how much your kids will instantly love each other. Beautiful name :) Your trip sounds great too- glad you were able to travel with your husband!

Katy said...

LOVE that name!!!! Seriously so excited for you guys! Congrats, she's gonna be a doll

love you guys, hope you're feeling a billion times better!!!!

Megan J. Dawson said...

So exciting! You should name her Lucy Elizabath so it's after me. Hehe... Girls are so much fun, it's good to have one of each.

Becki R said...

YAY! I like girls but are you sure you don't want to name her Becki? Just a strong suggestion...

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to have a little girl coming. You are such a good mama. I wonder how Simon will react to this. Does he like to bite toes?