Because I still felt like death, about 3 weeks ago my parents came and got Simon and I and took us back to Wyoming to spend a couple of weeks. The second week into the trip, a miracle happened and I started to feel much better! It has been so nice to be a nearly normal-functioning human being! I'm still not a big fan of evenings, but my worst moments are better than my best moments a month or so ago.
We had a great time in Wyoming. Simon loves visiting his grandparents. One thing he really loved was the piano. It was nice because I could go lie down for a good 20 minutes while he played on the piano. When I stopped hearing the piano, I knew it was time to go stop some form of destruction.
Here is Simon watching my dad mow the lawn. Simon loves lawn mowers! I hope he feels the same way when he's strong enough to push one around my backyard.
On a completely different subject, because it's Memorial Day weekend, Jacob is staying in town this week. HORRAY!! As such, he is not on a plane today (Sunday) and we were able to spend some time together as a family. Here in Provo, we have the most gorgeous walking trail that follows the Provo River. This is where I run when I'm less pregnant. We went out here for a walk tonight and even took Holly. This was the result.
I don't give Holly a lot of credit, but she really is a pretty good dog. Yes; she sheds like crazy, poops all over my yard, barks incessantly at anyone within a one-mile radius and tracks paw prints all over my floor, but that's just part of having a dog. Holly is a great watch dog (or at least she thinks so) and she is great with Simon. She lets him (doesn't bite him anyway) roll all over her and is fairly tolerant of his other means of torture. I guess overall, I kind of like her (though I still get angry when I clean up her piles of hair).

7 comments:
Oh! That picture of Simon on the piano will be perfect for the photo-montage they have for all the American Idol winners.... he can claim that music was his first true love and this photo proves it. Yeah, in American Idol Season 864... or something.
ps. I haven't seen your parent's home since their remodel (like 10 years ago, I know) but what I see of it, I LOVE IT!
pss. SOOO Glad you're feeling better!!!! And again, I'm completely thrilled you guys are having another little human being!!!!!
Sounds like some good times in Rock Springs. I agree we should look forward to Simon demonstrating his attachment to lawn mowers in more practical ways...but what fun it is to watch a grandpa, meanwhile. I rather like watching grandpa P. mow the lawn, myself.
So glad you are feeling much better! Sounds like you had a good time in RS. Hope the rest of your pregnancy goes better for you!
Finally Ami has admitted publicly that she likes the dog. I'll remember this.
I'm so glad you're feeling better. Now you can start with the fried chicken sandwiches.
I'm anxiously awaiting your phone call to tell me you're having a girl. My basement is out of control!
I'm glad you got a break! AND that you are feeling a little better, it's about time! Hope things are continuing to look up and that you are surviving this crazy time. Simon- good key pounding, Max is first in line for lessons from you.
Great post, Ami. I'm glad to hear you are feeling better.
Oh, and I'm sorry for stealing Jacob at night to play Xbox. I'll understand if you never let me talk to him again.
Post a Comment