We had another exciting weekend in our family. Friday night, my mom and dad came down from Wyoming so we could run in the Race for the Cure the next morning in Salt Lake. We ran in memory of my friend Allison's amazing mom Kathy. I felt honored to be able to run for her. Here is a picture of Allison and I after running. Notice how much better Allison looks after running 5 kilometers than I do.
After the race and a wonderful breakfast at Mimi's, my parents took Jacob, Simon and I to the zoo. Simon talked to all the animals, especially the monkeys. If he was unsure what noise an animal made, he just growled at it, hoping it would understand.

Then Sunday, I got the best mothers' day present ever; Simon went to church nursery for the first time. He's not 18-months-old yet, but I'm in the primary in our church, and the nursery leader told me to start bringing him. He did GREAT! Jacob stayed with him the first half, but Simon was completely fine without us the second half.


He even made me a mothers' day present all by himself (actually it took a lot of help). I plan to cherish it forever, or until I have a really bad chocolate craving.

I actually do have to add; Jacob did get me an AMAZING mothers' day gift. He got me a Nike+Ipod sports kit. It's so great. It is like a super pedometer. It tells me how far I've run, how long and my current pace. When I plug my i pod it, it tracks my runs online. I was so inspired, today I ran better than I ever have in my life.
Sunday night, Jacob's parents came over for cake. We drove out to the lake (1 mile away) and walked around. Simon loved it; mainly because we saw a dog swimming. We also saw a family of geese. I was pretty excited about that.

6 comments:
What a weekend!!!
Way to go on the Race, you both look great (i am loving the shirts too) and yeah, pretty much Al could look stunning even after she rolled in a large vat of moose poo. It's just not fair. I wish I lived closer so we could run together.
And AWESOME Mother's day gift, I LOVE mine, i get so wrapped up in all the programs (we should "run" together... it's pretty sweet)
and the video cracks me up...
Have you ever youtubed animal attacks? Well, Simon looks just like one of those Bear Maulings that i love so much
Your lake picture is better than my lake picture. But, thanks in part to you and Jacob and Simon, my weekend was just as great as yours!
Sounds like you had a very busy weekend! THat is great that you could run for the cure! What a great thing to do in honor of Kathy. Happy Mother's day too! It looks like you had a wonderful day!
Can I just say how jealous I am that Simon did so great in nursery?! Gage did great too, but Parker is a whole different story. We've been staying in the nursery with him for the past two months, and any time we try to leave he just starts bawling. It's so frustrating.
That is awesome that you did Race for the Cure in honor of Kathy. What a great thing to do!
It was good to see you guys. Email me some pics cause I only ended up with like 2 on my camera (by the way, you look great and the funny thing is how we still kindof look 12 :) ). Glad you guys had fun at the zoo and glad we got to catch up a little at brunch. Max and Simon had fun I think too :).
I love that picture of you and Allison.
I wish Emily and Simon could have gone to the zoo together. We went last week as well and I was just thinking how cute they would have been together.
Post a Comment