Tuesday, March 17, 2009

How We Celebrated St. Patrick's Day

This year, we had big plans to celebrate St. Patrick's Day. Due to time, we weren't able to go as far as we'd planned, but we still had a lot of fun.

In honor of St. Patrick's Day we:

Wore green pajamas, sat in a green high chair strapped to a green chair... and screamed.


Dressed in green from head to...waist.


Swung in a green swing


Slid on a green slide


Played with a green ball we found in the park (I'm pretty sure it was a dog toy)



Ate green peas


Ate chocolate cupcakes with green frosting


Put on more (somewhat) green pajamas and played with a green truck


We're trying to work out more fun traditions for next year. St. Patrick's Day doesn't get a lot of play, but we want to change that. In kindergarten, my teacher decorated the whole classroom with leprechaun footprints in paint. She claimed a leprechaun sneaked in the classroom during the night and hid treasures. I wasn't quite that ambitious, but maybe one day.

7 comments:

Katy said...

What a sweet and festivous little goob you've got there... he's getting BIG! next year, i know the perfect tradition to start... dress up your child as a leprechaun. That's not mean at all.

Linda G. Paulsen said...

For my part,I changed into a green shirt when I looked at the calendar. The end. It's pitiful, I know, but very restful not to have wee folk to entertain.

Shannon said...

It took me awhile to convince Emily to wear green. "Green is ugly. It is not beautiful." But eventually we found a t-shirt that had embroidery around the edges and she deemed it acceptable.

Christy Gutt said...

When I taught Kindergarten, the leprechaun would visit the classroom and be mischievous - making messes and tipping furniture. He'd also leave a gift of gold foil chocolate coins and a note to the kids. They LOVED it, and I had fun making the mess that they helped clean up in order to get the chocolate. They even spent the entire morning building a leprechaun trap, but he still managed to get around it! :)

Erin said...

Oh...wasn't Mrs. Paul the best!!! I remember that too!!!

Michelle said...

What a fun day! I'm glad that you have a great GREEN day! We were pretty lame here just wore green, maybe next year I need to step it up!

Anonymous said...

Cute! Simon is getting so big! It was good seeing you today. We need to get together more often.