I called this post "Summer Ends," for no other reason than to bother my mom. I've been a bit busy to blog lately, which made my mom (really, my kids' grandma) very upset. A few posts ago, I had a post entitled, "Summer Begins." She said she got so sick of opening my blog and reading, "Summer Begins" and said I needed to blog so she could see cute pictures of the kids. Now I've decided she can read, "Summer Ends," for a few months. I live to irritate my mother.
Anyway... I'm both happy and sad summer is ending. On the downside, we've had a great summer. We've had a lot of great trips, get-togethers with friends and more than a million (it feels that way) park days. It's been great! I'm also sad Simon is going back to school. He and Lucy get along so well (but fight like brother and sister...). We're going to miss him (even though it's only three mornings a week).
On the bright side, I'm more than ready to be done with the hot weather and fall is my FAVORITE time of year. The colors are great, the food is even better, I like the chilly mornings and all the best holidays are coming.
Like last summer, I enrolled the kids in the summer reading program at the county library. Our summer reading program is extra cool, because not only do the kids get free books and lots of other great coupons, but they get free tickets to the local amusement park. Last year when we went, we discovered Simon is a dare-devil. This year... we discovered the same about Lucy. She only cried when she had to get off a ride. Simon, of course, had a great time once again.
Monday, September 3, 2012
Summer Ends
Last week, Simon started school again. He was so excited to see his teachers and friends again. Luckily, he gets to go to the same preschool with the same teachers and same kids as last year. The only difference is, this year it's three days a week and it may be a bit more academic than the younger class he was in last year. He was thrilled to go, but Lucy walked around calling his name and crying for a while.
Today is Labor Day and we decided to go on a walk/hike/picnic in West Arvada. It's so beautiful. We're so blessed to live in such a beautiful place. Holly enjoyed herself as well.
In other news, my child is a criminal (Lucy). She stopped taking naps (yes you may gasp. She is only 22 months and has completely given up naps). We switched her to a toddler bed, hoping this would encourage her to want to sleep in her bed. Well; I'm happy to report, she LOVES her new sleeping arrangement, but still refuses to take naps. Instead of taking naps she engages in criminal behavior like....
Posted by Ami Paulsen at 4:04 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Yes, I know that you live to irritate your mother. I'm glad that Lucy shares that idea.
Love,
Mom
You guys are soo cute!!
We miss you.
Post a Comment