Simon is approaching five, and I realized, the only childless night I've spent since he was born, were the few hours lying in the hospital waiting for Lucy to be born (and they weren't very pleasant hours). Because of this, Jacob and I decided it was time to spend a night away from the kids. We love them dearly... but we wanted to see what it felt like to wake up naturally; not because an alarm went off or a small person came in whispering, "Mama? Dada?".
My wonderful parents were gracious enough to come spend the night at our house, while we went to Denver. I love living so close to such a big city! There is so much to do, but living in a suburb, it feels like a vacation to make the twenty minute drive.
Jacob and I stayed in the Warwick Hotel. We're reserved a junior suite on the 14th floor, but because of openings, they upgraded us (for free!!!) to the governor's suite!!! I'm pretty sure it was the nicest hotel room I've ever stayed in, and much larger than our first apartment!
Here are some pictures of our two bedroom suite (that's right!) complete with two bathrooms, a jacuzzi tub, wonderfully comfortable robes and our own private balcony.
Thursday, September 27, 2012
A Night on the Town
Though we considered spending the entire day in our robes on the balcony, we decided to go out.
We had dinner at the.....
And dessert at....
For those of you who have no idea what this is a picture of... D Bar Desserts in a Denver restaurant owned by Keegan Gerhard. Keegan is a judge on Food Network's Challenge. This was one of the most exciting parts for me in moving to Denver. And let me just say... it didn't disappoint. We got cookies to go, which we at at about 11:30 p.m. on our balcony... in our robes (I was determined to make that happen).
After dinner, dessert and a walk through Denver, we went for a swim on the roof top pool (16th floor)!!
The next morning after a lovely breakfast of white-chocolate, caramel hot chocolate, and a blueberry tart (you can almost hear my thighs expanding), we walked to the capital and through the art museum grounds.
We had a GREAT time! This was better than going on a trip somewhere else. Denver is a COOL place and we knew we were only 20 minutes from the kids if they needed us. Thanks, Mom and Dad! We plan to do this again!!
Posted by Ami Paulsen at 1:42 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Smiles! I'm so glad you could do this!
So glad you could do this! Love the pics. :)
Awesome date night!
Post a Comment