Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Yellowstone trip

The week of the 4th of July, my parents took us to Yellowstone. This was the longest car trip we've taken with the kids and they did surprisingly well!

We started out at Grandma and Grandpa's house on Saturday where the kids played with Simon's new Superman cape, made for him by Grandma. Lucy is wearing my brother Ryan's cape from when he was a wee lad.


Monday morning, we went to Jackson. We did the most important things like:

Eat at Bubbas...

And run through the famous city park.


Tuesday, we made our way to Yellowstone, with a stop to see the beautiful Tetons:

We spent the first night at the Old Faithful Snow Lodge which was AMAZING!

Jacob and I were very blessed to get to run together every morning of our trip. It was so cool to run in such a beautiful place (though running at 8,000 feet did not produce the best run of my life).


The highlight of the trip for Simon: looking at the paint pots through his new binoculars.


The highlight of the trip for Lucy: the animals (and Grandpa, who she is obsessed with and spent a lot of the trip just running around saying, "Grandpa").


On the 4th, we stayed at Lake, where they had a parade Yellowstone-style. Lucy and Simon both left with loads of candy, stuffed animals and Mardi Gras beads. The stay at Lake was our favorite, because we got to stay in the cabins. They were nice enough that we didn't have to "rough it," but Jacob and I got to sit out on the back deck after the kids went to bed.

Possibly the most beautiful sight on our trip was the stop at the Lower Falls. AMAZING!


We had a great trip. Coming back to civilization was difficult. Thanks Dad and Mom for a GREAT trip!!







3 comments:

Megan J. Dawson said...

I love that Simon's always wearing some type of superhero outfit. Looks like you had a great trip. It reminds me of our awesome Yellowstone trips... Especially at Bubba's when the server came out... Bueller, anyone Bueller. Remember that? Only I forgot the real name he called.

Michelle said...

Simon is such a stud in his capes! He would fit right in around here! I love Yellowstone what a fun vacation!

Linda G. Paulsen said...

So glad you had this fun trip. I can hardly wait to see you in our turn. But I think we won't be as exciting...