One year ago today, I was outside with Simon. I was mad because I was still pregnant, so I was raking the millions of leaves in our backyard, attempting to put myself into labor.
As Simon and I were working, Jacob came outside (he was home bound also waiting for me to go into labor), looked at me and said, "I just got offered a job in Denver." We just looked at each other for a few seconds. Since a year after we were married, our goal was to end up in Denver. We both immediately listed all the reasons we shouldn't do it. I was (HOPEFULLY!) going to have a baby any second, Jacob would have to leave us almost immediately, we had to sell our house, etc.
After a few days, a lot of advice and many sincere prayers, we decided we needed to accept the job and move to Denver. Little did we know, this would be the beginning of a very hard (but good) year.
Jacob moved just over a month later when Lucy was only 3 weeks old. This left me and the kids behind to sale our house, which took an additional five months.
Moving was extremely hard. We had a lot of great friends and family in Utah, I loved the area, and I felt very settled. But those five months apart taught me something very important. Nothing is better than having my family together.
We moved to a place where we hardly knew anyone, didn't know the area and didn't yet have a home. Even with all that, life immediately improved because we were together as a family once again.
Being separated from Jacob for five months was hard on us and hard on the kids. We are so grateful to all be together, no matter where.
We are still adjusting to life here in Denver, but we are very happy and know we made the right choice for our family. I love my family so much. I am so blessed to be surrounded my my favorite people every single day.








6 comments:
Well, you made me cry. 'Nuff said.
I agree. And I miss you. And the pictures are beautiful!
What a great post! I totally agree, as long as we have our family nothing else matters!
Ahhhhhhh. Lub you
Jekub
Ami, you look beautiful! Great pictures. I can't imagine living apart for all that time... but like you said, it makes you realize what's important.
You are some of my favorite people, too. I love each of you.
Post a Comment