My little baby girl is one. I can't believe it. Maybe it went by so fast because this has been a crazy year for our family, but all week, I've been checking the calendar, sure she couldn't be one!!!
We kept her birthday pretty low-key, but she had a lot of fun.
Growing up, my mom would hang a "Happy Birthday" sign up for each of us kids on the morning of our birthdays (Yes; I have an awesome mom). The ones from my childhood were always homemade, but we let the dollar store provide ours.
Having a family party in Arvada is quite different from having one in Utah, but we were grateful Uncle Dave and Aunt Shauna came to spend the evening with us. Lucy was thrilled with all her gifts and ended the night with beef stew and ladybug cake. It's such a thrill to have a child eat what I make.
Happy birthday, baby Lucy! We love you so much!!!

6 comments:
She is such a PRETTY little girl! Her cake is very adorable. Maybe it's the first child/second child thing... Luke doesn't eat a thing, and Abigail licks her plate clean. And I feel the same way, it makes me feel good when my kids actually eat what I make :)
Isn't it wonderful to have a Lucy to celebrate this remarkable year!? She is all joy.
I can't believe she is 1 either!! It seems like we were sitting in your living room...and you were over due! CRAZY!! Happy Birthday Lucy!!
Nate's mom does the Happy Birthday sign too...so that is something I have started with our kids!
Happy Birthday Lucy!! That year did go by fast! Glad you had a good day!
happy birthday Lucy! I love celebrating kids birthdays (so much more than my own)... she's a doll!
I wish we could have been there! Happy birthday Lucy!
Post a Comment