Thursday, June 4, 2009

Simon Pictures

I don't have anything specific to blog today, but I thought I'd better post some Simon pictures since he changes so much every day.

This is Simon with his new favorite toy. A few months ago, I got some wicked-ugly sunglasses. Thankfully, I've replaced them with a less frightening pair, but Simon seems to like the old ones just fine. He loves to wear them around. I don't generally let Simon run around naked, but it was between lunch and church, and he can't put his church clothes on until
5 minutes before we leave, due to his tendency to smear food all over his clothes.



Here is an example of one area of Simon's budding talent. He recently found the camera on the computer desk. He turned it on and took some pictures. Here is Simon's very first picture. I'm such a proud mom.


Simon has begun trying to feed himself with a spoon. Since he still prefers to not eat, he generally just plays with the food. A few days ago, I pulled out two spoons, leaving one for him to play with and one for me to use to feed him. That didn't go so well and a tantrum ensued. Here is a picture of Simon after the tantrum. He looked so sad, yet so cute; I couldn't resist taking a picture.



Last week, Jacob got jobs with two different security companies. I am so proud of him for working so hard. Here is a picture of Simon and Holly watching daddy leave for work.



Yesterday, we went swimming with my friend Allison and her kids Grace and Max. Grace needed Allison's moral support to go down the big tube slide, so I hung out with the two boys while she was gone. They're so cute! It was also pretty nice to have two kids to cover me up.



5 comments:

Linda G. Paulsen said...

I'm just glad someone else takes pictures of Simon and doesn't think it's weird. He is such a doll!

Katy said...

dang, I need to find me one of those swimsuits... ya know, the kind that has two kids strapped to the front-- very slimming effect!

ps. love Simon's wicked ugly specs... hilarious!

Michelle said...

What cute pics! I love his glasses! What a fun pool, looks like a lot of fun!

The Peterson's said...

Good times! Sorry about the two spoon thing, that is the oly way we get Cairo to eat!

Rachael said...

I love the Simon pictures. Keep 'em coming. It looks like you guys are having a fun summer.

Congratulations on the jobs, Jacob!