Ever since Simon was born, we've tried to have a family "free-day" each month. We're not allowed to do any work and we try to plan a few activities we can do as a family. So far, we've failed miserably. We hadn't had a family free-day since November, so we decided to have one this last Saturday. Sunday was my birthday; so it was intended to be a free-day/birthday celebration. We had so much fun!
Saturday morning, we met Shannon and her girls in Lehi to swim at the Lehi Legacy Center. It was such a cool pool! If you haven't been there, you should go; and you should call me first so I can go with you.
Here is a picture of me and Simon, hanging out in front of the waterfall. The center had 4 or 5 pools all connected. This one came up to Simon's chest, so he was able to walk around. It was GREAT!

While driving to the Legacy Center, we noticed a restaurant called "Porter's Place," named for Porter Rockwell. Jacob had heard of it, but didn't know it was so close. He immediately became as giddy as a school girl, so we decided we'd better stop there for lunch on the way home. I won't say more, as I'm sure Jacob will blog about this shortly.

After we got home and Simon took a much needed nap, we went to our friends' house to play with their baby chicks and horses. Simon tried to squeeze the baby chicks (see peep picture on Easter blog), so we quickly moved on to the horses. He was unsure of the horses at first, but quickly decided they were hilarious; laughing each time he touched one.


While we waited for dinner, we constructed a fort that outshines every fort we've ever made.


While driving to the Legacy Center, we noticed a restaurant called "Porter's Place," named for Porter Rockwell. Jacob had heard of it, but didn't know it was so close. He immediately became as giddy as a school girl, so we decided we'd better stop there for lunch on the way home. I won't say more, as I'm sure Jacob will blog about this shortly.
After we got home and Simon took a much needed nap, we went to our friends' house to play with their baby chicks and horses. Simon tried to squeeze the baby chicks (see peep picture on Easter blog), so we quickly moved on to the horses. He was unsure of the horses at first, but quickly decided they were hilarious; laughing each time he touched one.
While we waited for dinner, we constructed a fort that outshines every fort we've ever made.
After dinner (and a party chip birthday cake my wonderful husband made for me all by himself), Simon went to bed and Jacob and I watched "My Big Fat Greek Wedding" for the one millionth time. I can't get enough of that movie.
And cupcakes (thanks to Katy and her Bakerella site :))...
Sunday was the annual Paulsen-Family-Easter-Party at Shannon's house. We were in charge of dessert so I made cookies...
And cupcakes (thanks to Katy and her Bakerella site :))...
All in all... it was a great weekend, though it made Monday morning much harder than normal. I highly recommend family-free day.

5 comments:
i love reading your blog... makes me giggle (like a school girl, too, Jacob!)
What a fantastic day-o-fun! We'll take that challenge and do a Family Fun day too.
LOVE the cookies... I'm gonna make those one day.. did you post the recipe/directions yet?
And didn't you know, if you make something from Bakerella, you have to send anywhere from 10-100 of those items to the person who introduced you to her... it's a rule. I'll be sitting my my mailbox! The cupcakes look awesome, very cute!
And lastly (geeze, i get carried away with comments) I LOVE the FORT!!!!!!! Tubular
I LOVE the pool in Lehi!! It is sooo much fun there!!
Hope you had a a treat birthday and great looking treats!!!
What a great idea! It looks like you have a wonderful day! Happy Birthday belated too!
You treats looks so yummy!
I am instructed to report that the cookies and cupcakes were as awesome in taste as they are delightful to behold. And I'm glad you had a good birthday weekend. And I think fort-building is a great way to spend time and creative juices. And I wish I'd think of it more often. And I love that you share pictures and stories about that perfect Simon kid. And I can just imagine Jacob's giddy response to any place called "Porter."
The girls want to know when your next family-fun day is so they can play with you again. We love you!!
Post a Comment