Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Mischevious Simon

Ever since Simon was born, Jacob and I have an agreement that Jacob will watch Simon for one hour a day, in the morning. This works out well since Jacob works fairly late. I get some free-time and Jacob and Simon get Daddy/Son time.
I generally use my hour to exercise. This used to work out perfectly. I'd exercise for one hour, hang out with Simon for one hour before putting him down for a nap, and then I'd shower. Well; a few weeks ago (day-light savings day
), Simon decided he wanted to switch to just one nap a day. This changed things. He started taking his nap in the afternoon (about 1 p.m.). This means I either have to shower with him awake, or wait until the afternoon. Waiting until the afternoon isn't a great option, since it means I am gross and sweaty from exercising for way too long. That's just disgusting. Plus it means I can't run errands until he wakes up from his afternoon nap.
I decided I have to shower while he's awake. Yesterday, I took Simon up to my room so I could shower. I turned on the TV to a pol
itically-correct, educational cartoon and provided him with various mind-stimulating toys and a bag full of delicious, nutritious raisins. I thought this would be enough distractions for the 10-minutes I needed. Apparently, I was wrong. This is what greeted me after my shower. (Sorry the pictures aren't the best. I took them with my phone).







The sad part is, I'm not sure just how much he ate.
Last night when I went to bed, I found my clock radio/white noise machine unplugged and on the floor. When I plugged it back in and turned it on, it was at full volume and set to some strange radio station. Hmmmm. I wonder who was responsible for that.

6 comments:

Megan J. Dawson said...

Haha, that cracks me up. You think, what could go wrong in 10 mins? My kids are always surprising me too.

Katy said...

that's hilarious! but impressive for only 10 minutes!! looks like you'll just have to go gross and sweaty all day... nice.

Lechelle said...

I miss you too.

Linda G. Paulsen said...

Shucks! Next time just give him a roll of TP in the first place. It's not a dangerous or expensive entertainment. Of course, the minute you allow it, his interest will wane...

Erin said...

Haha..funny Simon...Linda has a great point!!

Rachael said...

It's funny how you have to start looking at everything in a new light when you have a toddler. Pretty much everything in my house is a minimum of 4 feet off the ground and every door but Emily's has a child proof knob cover (the one on Emily's door is on the inside). Even at that, I thought I'd treat myself to a bathroom break this morning and came out to find Jane had been decorated by a blue pen that apparently acted of its own will.