Monday, February 16, 2009

Here Comes the Sun

Today is the best day I've had in a long time. No; Simon isn't over his string of colds yet. No; I didn't win a trip to Disneyland. No; my love handles didn't fall off in the night. Today, it was warm enough to go outside for a mentionable length of time. We spent 30minutes basking in the balmy 42 degree weather. This was so wonderful.
In the last two months, Simon and I have basically been inside except for the time it takes to get from the car to the grocery store and back again. Even then, we both had to bundle up and run. When I've had to go outside to throw away a poopie diaper, I walk very slowly and pretend I'm on a nature walk; a smelly nature walk.
It was getting ridiculous. Today couldn't have come too soon for us. We commemorated this blessed occasion by running outside, swinging and stepping in doggie poopie. Right now the windows are open, filtering out the recycled air and blowing in the air from the farm next door. What a wonderful day this is.

3 comments:

Christy Gutt said...

That's the best feeling in the world!

Chris Pivik said...

Glad to hear you could make it out finally!reph

Linda G. Paulsen said...

Sunshine heals us. Yes indeedy.