Thursday, January 1, 2015

Thanksgiving 2014

Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday. Why? Because we always get together with my entire family in Cheyenne. We spend four days together playing, eating and making fun of each other (that's what we do as Heybornes).

Sadly, I only took two pictures of the event, but I still wanted to document the event for my kids to look back on 20 years from now.

I have never seen kids get along as well as these cousins do. Though there is an almost 10-year span between the youngest and the oldest, they all play together so well. The oldest kids always include the youngest and the youngest have a bit of hero worship for the oldest. It's GREAT! Here is a picture of Sydney taking care of Lucy. Sydney (almost 13) spent the majority of the trip being followed around by Lucy (who claims Sydney is her best friend). Sydney was so patient and attentive. Those other two cuties in the picture are Jane, Simon and Donovan. Rachael is pretty cute as well.



Here are Lucy and Grandpa playing guitar. Grandpa was playing his guitar, which enthralled Lucy. Lucy then proclaimed she had to play Grandpa a song she'd worked really hard on. Lucy strummed while Grandpa changed chords. This is one of those pictures we'll cherish forever. Grandpa and Lucy have always had a very special relationship.

What a fabulous vacation. I know a lot of people think this about their families, but my family truly is the best family in the world. 

0 comments: