I apologize in advance, as this post may be a big lengthy. But I'm starting to think nobody actually reads my blog anymore who isn't blood-related to me or my family in some form, so maybe you won't mind. This was our first trip to Disneyland and since I'm bad at keeping a journal, I use my blog as a journal, so this blog may be a bit overly detailed.
This last week, Jacob and I took the kids to Disneyland for the first time. The trip was more perfect than we could expect. The kids were so good and LOVED Disneyland. This was also Lucy's first time on an airplane and though she was a bit restless, she was actually quite good, especially on the way back since she slept most the trip.
We saved Monday and Friday for travel only (which I highly recommend with kids), and spent Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday in the park. We started with Mr. Toad's Wild Ride, which has turned into a tradition for us.
Simon's favorite rides: The Buzz Lightyear Ride (Astro Blasters) which was exactly what we expected, and Pirates of the Caribbean, which is actually my favorite ride.
Lucy's favorite rides: Winnie the Pooh (which worked out well since it was directly cross from Splash Mountain and one parent could take Simon on Splash Mountain while the other took Lucy on Pooh), and Pirates of the Caribbean. She also loved Dumbo and got a big grumpy when we had to get off.
Highlight of the trip: Simon meeting Buzz Lightyear. I don't know who was more excited; us or Simon. Either way, it was an exciting moment. Lucy was a little scared of Buzz, but loved Winnie the Pooh.
Other memorable highlights: Lucy dancing and waving - We knew Lucy loved a ride if she waved at the characters and danced to the music.
The weather - California in January is PERFECT!
The food - Churros and Dole whips and popcorn; oh my!!
The souvenirs - Simon left with his very own Emperor Zurg and Lucy with a baby Eeyore. Jacob is the proud owner of a Mickey Jedi (what else?) and I now have a Mickey Mouse purse. We also decided to start a tradition of collecting Disney pins each trip (oh yes; there will be more trips!).
Other random tidbits from the trip: Simon is a dare-devil. - We weren't totally sure how he'd respond to the big rides, but Simon rode any ride he was tall enough for. He was BARELY 40 inches (they measured him every time) which is the minimum for the big rides. I loved taking Simon on the big rides. It was fun to have one-on-one time with each kid. This is Simon on Big Thunder; one of his favorite rides.
Mormons like to mark themselves - The big joke the whole trip was, we could spot every Mormon family by the BYU shirts. We saw at least ten a day. We felt very out of place and thought we should invest in some "I am a Mormon" T-shirts.
One year is the perfect age to take the littlest to Disneyland - Younger would be rough with naps, a little older would probably result in fits. Lucy was still little enough to be content spending the day in the front pack or stroller, but not so little that I had to stop and nurse her on a park bench. Which is why, we'll be going back to Disneyland approximately one year after baby #3 is born... which will be in 3 or 4 years.
It was sad to leave but as Jacob so wisely pointed out, leaving is what makes coming back so fun! Disneyland really is my favorite place and I'm so glad I have a tolerant husband who will let me pass "the craziness" (as Jacob put it), on to my kids.





8 comments:
That is awesome!!! I so want to go :)
I feel the same way about my blog that it is just my sister who checks it. Anyway your trip to CA looks like it was a lot of fun.
I'm so glad you got to go! Simon will remember it for a long time. What a great use of a week of vacation time!
Doesn't get better than this! And I LOVE your blogs.
I don't respond much and I am not blood related but I will always feel like you are a part of my family. I love checking out your blog on a regular basis and see what is going in your sweet little family's life.
I love your blogs too. Unfortunately I rarely comment on them (because I'm lazy). But I am so jealous about you guys going to DL. Looks like you had a great time!
I can't wait to take my kids!!! Although...I have sworn they will be much older..you are brave!!!
Maybe next time we can go together, as we promised the kids we'd go when Alyssa turns 8. 2 years sound reasonable?
Post a Comment