Friday, April 29, 2011

Goodbye Provo

After 6 months of waiting, tomorrow afternoon, we are leaving Provo and moving to Colorado. While we've been very excited for this move, there are a lot of things I'm going to miss.


When Jacob and I got married, I was less than thrilled about moving to Provo, but I was surprised to find that I really have loved it here. It's a great community and we have many great memories here. I'm sad to be leaving many things.


The Library: We spent hours in this library before and after having kids. I know Denver will have libraries, but probably none that look like a castle.




The Provo River Trail: This is where I first began running. I now love to run and love my trail. I think it's the most beautiful spot to run in the entire world.




The Sweet Tooth Fairy Bakery. Is it super sad I'm going to miss a bakery? Yes. Am I at all ashamed? Absolutely not.


My House: I don't have any more pictures for this post, because everything is packed, and they don't happen to have a picture of my house online. I love my house so much. It isn't huge or fancy, but it's my home and I love it. This is where I brought my kids home. This is where I feel like I really grew up. I tried to collect enough balloons to fly my house to Denver, taking a cue from the movie "Up," but Simon just kept stealing them.


People: We have made some amazing friends here and it is so hard to say goodbye. Some friends are new, and some are from our childhood, but they will be greatly missed.


Our family: This is the hardest part about leaving. I am so blessed to have amazing inlaws. I'm going to miss them so much. (I hate to play favorites, but particularly Shannon. She is an amazing second sister and a great friend. I love you Shannon!!)


Though it is hard, we are excited to move on. We lived in Colorado 5 years ago for a summer and knew we wanted to be there. Plus, I'm going to be an hour and a half from my sister. WAHOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is my most exciting part about moving to Denver. :) I'm also so excited to be close to Jacob's aunt and uncle. They are great people and I'm excited to spend time with them.


We love you Provo and we will miss you. Thank you for everything you've done for us.

6 comments:

Linda G. Paulsen said...

Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!

The Peterson's said...

Provo is a nice place. But I have a feeling you are going to love Colorado too!

Michelle said...

Good luck on the move! I hope you love Co. as much as Provo!

Rachael said...

We love you guys and are so excited to have you close!

Megan J. Dawson said...

I hope all goes well! Your library totally is the coolest! I'm glad you and Jacob get to live like married people again. I'm sure it's been hard being apart!

Shannon said...

I finally caught up reading your blog, yeah I'm slow. I miss you!