While Simon is taking one of his few and irregular naps, I thought it would be a good time to post an entry. It's coming up on almost four months now that I've been a mom. Though four months isn't long in the grand scheme of things, I've noticed my life has completely changed. Below I've compiled a list of things that have changed in my life. I'm sure other mothers can relate to this list.
- My reading material evolved from "Atlas Shrugged," to "The Little Engine that Could"
- "Little Bunny Foo Foo" and "The Rainbow Connection" are constantly running through my head.
- Poop, pee and burps changed from disgusting things to reasons to celebrate.
- If I see a booger in someone's nose, or earwax in someone's ear, my first impulse is to pick it out (luckily I've only gotten as far as the actual attempt with Jacob).
- There are at least two burp rags in every room in my house
- Going to the grocery store is now a luxury.
- All of my shirts have white stains on the shoulders.
- I haven't had a hot meal since Dec. 1, 2007
- I haven't had a haircut in six months
- Wearing jewelry is a thing of the past.
- I can get more done in a 30 minute nap that I did in two days before I was a mom.
- When people ask "what's new with you?" my answer usually has something to do with baby bodily functions.
- My favorite stores now contain the word "baby."
- Going out for a gallon of milk is now a 2-hour affair.
- Whether I'm holding a baby or not, I can no longer stand without swaying from side to side.
- A romantic evening consists of passing the baby back and forth as the other one eats take-out
- The socks I lose in the wash are a lot smaller.
- Chubby is CUTE!
- I now call my parents/parents-in-law "grandma" and "grandpa," and my husband "daddy."
- After hours of screaming, all it takes is one massive, toothless grin and all is forgiven.

7 comments:
Oh my gosh, Ami I loved this entry!! I was sitting here reading and realized my head was gonna nod off my shoulders cuz every point you made I completely agree with (especially the side to side swaying as we stand). I am cracking up right now!! I can't believe you're a 4 month mommy now!!! oh how time goes
Even without a baby, currently, if I hear one crying I will automatically start swaying whether sitting or standing. I loved this!
Reading about your life and keeping in touch is the most important thing about blogs. I is amazing how one little thing changes so much in your life. But it is still good!
Ami- This is Emily- I saw you had a blog from Michelle's. I hope you don't mind me checking it out- This entry is right on, I agree with Katy- everything you wrote is so true. I forgot that you are such a great writer. I loved reading this!
I can completely relate to everything you said in this entry! these are all of the things that mom's know best, but definitely nothing that you can explain to anyone else but a mom, they just don't get it.
Reading this made me realize I don't have a baby anymore. Being a mom is hard. Go out while mom is there this weekend. Have a fun time. I love you!
Gimme more of Simon! I want pictures, I want pictures, I want pictures!!! (if you can't visualize what I'm doing right now... I'll explain. I'm chanting, one fist pumping in the air, like I'm at a political rally)
Post a Comment