It's been quite a while since my last post. I've had a lot of requests to post something, but to be honest... nothing very eventful happens in our lives. I decided the best thing would be to walk you through a day in Simon's life. You'll find he's a very busy guy.
Simon usually wakes up between 7:30 and 8 a.m. for the last time. If I'm tired beyond that; that's just too darn bad for me. He starts his day screaming for food which I immediately give him. He generally rewards me by spitting up on my pjs. After breakfast, it's time for the diaper change. Each diaper change lasts about 20 minutes, as Simon likes to take this time to lay on his changing table to kick and coo. This is his happy place. After this, he usually sits on my lap while I eat breakfast. He then spends a good part of the morning either laying in his crib, listening to Mozart, or cooing at me. He falls asleep for a few minutes and I scramble to clean the house, etc. Soon, he wakes up again, screaming for more food. We follow the above process again; only this diaper change is the dreaded diaper change. UGH! To add some variety to his life, we generally do "tummy-time" after the diaper. It starts out just fine, until Simon decides he hates being on his tummy and screams at me. When the screaming becomes desperate, I pick him up and he proceeds to scream for another 20 minutes or so. Now it's time for another nap. This generally takes place in his swing as I put him here as a final attempt to stop the screaming (this is his other happy place). The rest of his day has the same basic outline (scream, eat, change soiled pants, something incredibly exciting, sleep). By 12 a.m., Simon is finally dead tired and decides to go to bed.
As far as recent events go; Simon started smiling. It takes a minute to get him going but when he does, it'll melt your heart. Also, Simon has a new favorite song. Most babies prefer songs such as "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star," "Lullaby," or any Disney song. Simon prefers "The Final Countdown" by Europe. It can't be the regular version, but must be the techno dance remix. I've never seen anything stop a baby crying like this song does with Simon. It works; but I now disparately hate that song.
That is basically all that is happening here. I promise if something exciting happens, we'll post it immediately. To view the latest adorable pictures of Simon; visit http://picasaweb.google.com/amipaulsen/SimonKevinPaulsen
Thursday, January 24, 2008
A day in the life of Simon
Posted by Ami Paulsen at 4:43 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Yeah! A new post! To be honest, I was visiting your site today to leave you a comment that said "we get it, he rolled over, now what?" and I was so excited that you gave more news!
That is a cute smile!
I preview of what my day will soon be. It sound great to have all that time with such a cute little guy!
Post a Comment